Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Long Night

Well, as most of you know last night was pretty eventful. It started around 8:30, when i was playing with Layla, i heard my phone vibrating, i saw it was Zach (my brother in law) and i just figured it was Karen calling me using his phone since she always "misplaces" hers. It was Zach however, and the phone conversation went something like this "Karen had a seizure and we are on the way to the hospital!!" At this point i just started crying, grabbed my keys and wallet(do not know what made me think to grab my wallet) Anyway i was running out the door and Nikki stopped me and would not let me drive, because i was too upset, so she took me and stayed with me until i came home around 11 after Mom got there to take over the hassling of Dr's. Well, long story short, Karen did have a seizure, a pretty scary thing, since she has had 2 brain tumors inthe past, we all have that worry again. This has never happened to her before however so we all were pretty worried. Luckily Zach was there with her, and since he is studying to be a pharmasist he knows some medical things so he knew what to do! She had numerous tests, including an MRI and CATscan, all which showed up normal. They kept her over night, and now she has to make a few desicions about what to do to prevent future seizures or just expect this to be an isolated incident. I know i am still pretty worried, and i am thankful i live in the same town with her so i can help keep an eye on her and ease all our minds of this not happening again, if not atleast someone can always be around. Plus it will be fun taking some lunches with her since she cannot drive legally for 90 days because of this. Since we live near campus, i figure this week Karen will just come hang out with me and the babes since she has work off obviously, and Zach can just walk to school from our house, and since the Health Sciences building is only 2 blocks away, he is very close to come if need be. I only have a few classes so i am here most the time, and if i am not Kendall is so we can all just hang out and play with the kids. I am just real thankful she is ok and Zach was there with her!

No comments: