Thursday, August 21, 2008

Counting Cars

Aidan has grown to be such a little goof ball, he is constantly making me and everybody else laugh by his facial expressions, or doing something physically crazy. I always joke that he is going to be the class clown and Layla will be the class talker.
Even though Aidan is a silly little boy, he also has this side to him that is obsessed with figuring things out, taking things apart (our front door), and recently counting like crazy. Aidan loves to count, he can count to 10, usually he won't do it when asked, but if i start counting he will finish for me, or "help" me then saying every other number back and forth with me. However if you catch him, he will quietly count in the car as we drive, pointing out cars...one, two, thwee, four and so forth, he will quietly count with Dora on TV, he will count the chairs in the room, count his toes...this kid LOVES to learn! He even surprised us the other day when he went "uno, dos, tres!!!" Dora influence i am sure but i really think he realizes it is also 1 2 3. I work with him daily on counting and actually have been finding a few websites for both of them to sit next to me and count with different objects and numbers that is meant to help kids learn. Aww they are my little sponges!

No comments: