Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"No, No, Mommy! Stop It!"

Everybody who has met Layla knows she is a sweet little girl, but there is a little girl inside of her that comes out as very bossy...daily...and mostly to me. I will tell her to stop something or to ask her to do something, this is the response normally "No, No, Mommy!" Often times she will add "stop it mommy!" when i walk in front of her Dora time, or if i am taking something away from her. Awww... the joys of a little 2 year old pointing her fingers at me telling me "No!". There are three things i do for this "no"ness. 1) I grab her finger and say "You mean Yes mommy, Ok Mommy!" 2) i put her in timeout if it is in a huge fit. 3) i ignore her "no's". Whichever i choose to do, she still has to do the request i had in the beginning, i refuse to give into anything they both try and hassle out of me, because it will just increase this behavior in the future. She is getting better about saying "Ok Mommy" and every time she does i praise her and let her know that i appreciate her obeying me. Looking at the picture above it is obvious she is saying "No Mommy!" and look two fingers waving at me!!

No comments: