Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hardly Working

Even though i am co-manager of the call center for the foundation, i still feel as if i do not do much throughout the night. Although i wonder why i complain about this, i try and stay busy. Either by wrong number research or homework. This year we are only having 8 stations for callers to use each night, downsizing from 15. Both my boss, and his boss left this summer, so things for us have been starting off slow, considering everything was put on another another person in the foundation.
To add to the chaos of figuring everything out on ourselves this year, we recently moved to a whole other building, off campus and ant infested. I am not one to complain about ants, but i am talking about big black flying ants everywhere despite constant spraying and bug bombs. I guess that is how much the University appreciates the individuals that help bring in 45% of their fundings.

Anyway, it is nice to feel important and the one in charge and actually having to conduct interviews, train, and run the whole thing. This year we have a girl from my hometown, the little sister of a girl in my class, so in a way it is nice to hear whats going on back there.

Enough said on that, i have had a pay increase and this will be something awesome to put on my resume. I have been watching for jobs near here that would be something that i could do from my major when the job arises. I have gotten information from the local Big Brothers Big Sisters, Department of Family Services, the Hospital, Safe Project, and the local Youth Crisis Center. We will see how any of that goes.

No comments: