Sunday, June 04, 2006

Guernsey Reservoir

Yesterday i traveled to Guernsey state park because of some friends of mine and Kendalls, Skylar and Dylan were up at their cabin on the lake celebrating their 25th birthday(Twins, seems knowing Kendall i meet more and more twins). Anyway, it was a lot of fun, Chris, Emily, John, and Katie were all there, and i got to meet Skylar and Dylan's parents who had a lot of twin advice for me which i will keep in mind! Anyway, they live right up the hill from the lake and have 2 jet ski's and a boat, so i went out on the boat with everybody and lived Vicariously through everybody else by convincing firsttimers to go tubing! :) It was a lot of fun, got some sun on me, and the boat was very smooth so i wasn't worried about being jiggled, bumped, and thrown around. The lake there is so pretty, and being able to boat through all of the channels, you get to see alot more then if you were just hiking or driving by. We later went back up to the cabin had dinner, ate cake with the boys, and then us girls hung out on the deck overlooking the lake, watched the sunrise go down and just talked while waiting for the boys to get back from golfing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I regret not having a cabin by a lake when you kids were little. That would have been fun for us all. I remember when I was little my parents had a cottage on kuntz lake and we went there almost every weekend in the summer. good memories there, cept the many cobwebs, since the cottage was vacant all winter, there was alot of webs when we arrived the first time in the summer. of course my mom cleaned it all up really nice though. I remember when we would have company and have corn on the cob, I would eat everyones cob after they were done! sounds icky to me now. I also remember when we didnt have enough beds for everyone, I was excited cause I got to sleep in the baby crib that was there, I was about 10 at the time! hehe

Anonymous said...

Someday it would be nice to have something like that. A nice summer cabin for fun :)