Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Sad Times

This past week, my family was hit by some sad news about my Grandma, she had passed away, and it was pretty sudden thing for us, and has been a hard time. There are so many wonderful memories I have of my Grandma and Grandpa, and their farm. Being so far away, I am still glad my parents still were able to get us kids across the country to Indiana to visit them on a yearly basis. After the news, I made the decision of going back east with the rest of my family to be there for the funeral, and support of the rest of my extended family. On Friday morning Karen, Amber, and I flew out of Denver (mom got caught by the weather and unfortunately could not make it in time for our flight). My dad and brother drove and left early Thursday morning in order to get there as soon as possible. Being able to spend a lot of time with my immediate family, however, also my extended family, we all realized that it had been too long since the whole family had been together, and I mean ALL of us minus a handful were there, that is a lot considering my grandparents had 6 children, who produced together 21 grandkids, bringing 20 great-grandkids. It was hard to leave Kendall, and my precious babes behind, but being there, I realized their demands at this age would have brought on A LOT more stress. This weekend I was able to catch up with my Aunts, Uncles, cousins, and cousins once removed (cousins children). Although it took very sad circumstances to bring us all together once again, I believe my Grandma was smiling down seeing our huge family getting along together and celebrating her great life, and reminiscing about all of the priceless memories we had shared at the farm house. Another thing I would like to say, is their is a hunt club near my grandparents house, and they over the years have been awesome in hosting our family in their lodges and bunk houses over the years, and we hope to continue to get together there, since my Grandma was the main link to our family, keeping us updated on each other and us all coming together there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you enjoyed being with all your cousins and extended family. And makes me happy all my girls have fun together and were able to travel together, although I was sick with worry, and just very lonesome for all my family. Very glad when you were all home! We are all going to miss Grandma and the farm very much.