Saturday, September 22, 2007

Blow Out!

Ok to start off, always check your tires, if they are low do not drive. With that said here is the story of how i ended my week out of hell. I was headed home to my parents this weekend with the kids to work (the cabinet job i have). ANYWAY, my tire has had a slow leak in it for sometime because of the $#%^^&#@ roofers. If you have been through Sybille Canyon you know that it has many turns, and such. i was just about to where the road narrows when i started hearing an odd noise...i turned down the music to listen, slowed down a bit to about 65, so the truck behind me could pass before the road narrowed and turned. Well, at that moment...THRWAP! My car was turning out of control, i was doing my best to keep it going straight, and braking hard at the same time. I tried to pull off the road even though my car was REAL hard to control it just wanted to pull all the way to the right. The shoulder was gravel so i had to stay on the road till i slowed down a bit more, and finally i veered halfway on to the shoulder(meanwhile in all this chaos i managed to turn on my emergency lights, odd). The shoulder was gravel then a drop off as is most the area around here. I was lucky to get stopped before going off the road, and down, i was also lucky that this didn't happen on one of the corners(100 yards in front of where i stopped). Turns out my front right tire had blown to shreds, leaving only a small portion of the tire attached to my wheel (which is destroyed so now i am stuck here since you can't drive on a donut very far) Luckily the truck who was passing me saw what happened and stopped immediately(God bless him!), jumped out and made sure i was ok, he said he would help me change my tire if i wanted him to and that i was very lucky he thought i was going to go off the road completely since my car is front wheel drive and thats which tire blew. Turns out even the Big O guys where i got my tire were amazed looking at the little piece of shredded rubber left that i was ok and able to control the car...my parents said they talked about it with the guys there about how someone was really watching out for me. I am really thankful that it turned out this way, i can't imagine rolling my car with Layla and Aidan in the back seat, being a two door car its not that big, and i don't know how thing's would have turned out! So now my car is here at my parents with a donut tire, no wheel, a new tire waiting for a wheel, and i cannot make it home. Every place is closed now, and my parents already drove clear to Greeley Colorado and still couldn't fine the right wheel. AW! So hopefully Kendall, Karl, and Gary can pick the kids and i up on their way home so i can begin studying for my exam Monday...Sigh... now we are car-less again...could my week get any worse?!

1 comment:

janis said...

first of all, I want to thank God for protecting you and the babies and getting you stopped safely! I am thankful you didn't panic and used your driving skills to good use. I am also thankful Ken was able to find you a wheel and get the china tire exchanged for a non-china tire this evening. so you have a car again...I am just so very thankful this ordeal has had a good outcome :)Love you!