Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wednesday Weigh In (On Thursday)

This week was well...rrr...shameful for me. I didn't get much of any weekly goal done, atleast in the way that i hoped. Not to say i sat around all week, i had plenty of activity, but i also had lack of REAL excersise. I had no excuse of snow for the first part, but after Friday it was so cold i didn't want to leave the house, by Monday we had 9 inches of snow, and -28 degree weather...this without winchill factored in. I worked hard cursing at the kitchen pipes for freezing over night...i am still unable to use the washer since the pipes to it will not unfreeze anytime soon. So Aidan's blanket full of spilt chocolate milk will have to wait.

To work off the frustration i had an hour long jumping dance party with Layla and Aidan until we were sweating like pigs on a warm sunny afternoon.

The amount of snow tromping that i did, chasing two tots, i think that might have counted as a good walk...its like walking in the sand, but in heavy clothes . I even got in a quick round of golf with Layla as the large snow flakes were falling...and her little body trying to trudge through the snow to keep up.


Flapping my arms and legs in the snow, making numerous snow angels could count for something? Ok now i am pulling at strings, but it sure brought the kid out in me...The kids love making snow angels, even when we are inside and there is no snow at all, they make them on the carpet, with such strong imaginations they remember exacily where their pretend snow angel lays.

Aww, See how much bigger my snow Angel is to Aidan's? We have small heads don't we...weird.

Something i will count for the most excerise was the amount of snow i shoved off our pathway to the car for Kendall, 3 days in a row (wind blows it right back) and then to build a front yard snow fort and a backyard snowfort plus a toddler size snow slide....it was exausting, and then i was asked to be mommy dragon and run all around the yard chasing Layla and Aidan until sweat dripped inside my layers of clothes...yes did i mention it was 1 degree out this whole time? We had a blast.

So...with that babble over, how is everybody doing on their goals? I hope much better than i this week. I need to get it in gear, with superbowl this weekend, and a party with a potatoe bar...i really need to work out before i eat 10 potatoes loaded with bacon, ham, cheese, butter, salt...oh not good for my health.

Still waiting on the WII fit to arrive...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't meet my goal this week, but my excuse is that I have been sick. The kind of sick where I wish I could have called in to work, had I not already used up 2 sick days from the previous week. ARGH. Considering we now only get FIVE for the year (ridiculous if you have kids!!), I am already halfway through my sick time and it is still January...

Cindy Loo said...

Yea i think it was just an off week, we will see how mom and karen did.