Thursday, February 10, 2005

Hold'em Tournament

ThursDay- As I looked around the table, my poker face on, I gave a stare down to my opponents debating on calling my “all in”. There was 2 threes, a 9 and a 5. I had a 3 in my hand and waited calmly for my opponents to call me. Kendell and the guy across from me called, a good $11+ dollars in the pot. It all came to the river card. The river showed another 3, this leaving a GREAT possibility for full houses. The guy across from me laid his cards down, full house, 9’s full of 3s. Oh Man, the highest full house out there. Kendell showed his pocket queens, beating the other full house. Had I made a mistake going all in? Would I be out of the tournament before even going to the final table? I showed my cards…4 of a kind 3’s. I took them OUT! I continues striking luck most the night, and into the early morning, by 2:00am I was at the last table, last 5 opponents out of a start of 24, 8 at 3 tables. My luck ran out too soon though, I went all in and was beaten by Rob by a high straight. However, I was just enthused to make it this far, top 5 I was pretty proud, so I didn’t win the 90 something dollars. Yes, it was a good poker tournament.
Plans for tonight? Unless I am kidnapped again by my boys, I am going to watch “the notebook” and make Karen stay up and watch it too; she is acting “old like” and is in bed by 9, honestly Karen! Later ‘All

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"nh" as they say on party poker! i debated calling you at this moment but i figure possibly you could be watching the notebook with your best buddy so i didnt want to interrupt. put me on your long list of people to watch with:)love, momma

janis said...

i like the new way your have your post a comment.

Karen and Zach said...

Hi Cindy. The notebook was a good movie, but I didn't think it was bawling material! If I want to bawl I will watch "You've got mail" or the new "Peter Pan" movie...those make me cry! hehe. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun playin a little texas holdem'. Great to hear from your blogger. I think i made one but cant remember, maybe i got bored and quit. And finally a movie i haven't seen. but maybe its for a good reason, na probably not. i guess i'll have to check it out sometime, but it'd probably be a good one to watch with a girl or sumtin like that. well ttyl.
In Christ,
cory