Wednesday, July 25, 2007

KaBoom!




CRACK!! an unbelievable loud "crack" noise is what i heard this afternoon, outside my window a bright flash, a thud against the house, followed by the sounds of leaves falling. I about jumped out of my skin. I glanced outside to see the neighbors tree had been struck by lightning(see picture one) I immedietly jumped up and ran into the kids room since that is where the thud had been, and they were napping. Layla was up playing in her crib but Aidan was just laying there still. I shook him, and with a rather shocked look he woke up. Whew, i was worried that something might have come through the window.The thud turned out to be this 4 foot piece of tree that had hit our house. The other picture shows a just a quarter of the debree that was left from the tree, it was all over our yard, the side walk, the street, our roof, and even had shot across our backyard into our front yard where pieces laid by my car!!! Crazy stuff, the lightning was then followed by crazy flooding again up to our yard. Love Wyoming Weather, comes out of no-where!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing you weren't outside when it happened!

janis said...

That is really scary! And like Amber says I am so thankful none of you were outside when it happened. Dad and I went to Cheyenne around 4pm. And I was driving, on the way we got hit by such a hard downpour I could barely see to drive. I was tempted to pull over and wait it out, But kept thinking the further I get, its gotta let up and it eventually did as we got closer to Cheyenne. But rained the whole time we were there.