Friday, February 22, 2008

Research

I haven't been updating as much as i would like to. Part of the reason is i have been so busy with school, kids, and work (oh and its been 30-40 degrees so been taking long walks...its warm! haha). The other part of my time has been doing research under a Dr. here at school. It is an amazing opportunity, i am able to work in the anxiety disorders lab to where i run research for him and a few of his graduate students. I started this last semester but i was only signed up for 3 hours a week so i only ran the control studies and entered data. This semester i am getting the opportunity to not only run the control studies but also the condition (ok i know i am using a lot of psychology jargon, a control study is pretty much the part of the study that is not manipulated to get results, it is more of a "placebo". A control is manipulated in order to get some results or test certain therapies for a result). I probably still will have to enter data, but i may be able to review some of the videotapes to asses the nervousness of public speaking anxiety students, and also if i continue doing well in the lab, maybe next semester i will be able to set up my own study. So that is some of what i am doing with my spare time, about 6 hours a week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you, and am proud your doing so well in college :)