Monday, January 28, 2008

Yea Size 4



This weekend, we bumped up the kids to a size 4 in diapers...it is hard to believe that they were ever in preemie diapers! How fast they grow!
Things around here haven't been all to interesting, i am just trying to get over my tooth extractions, even though i am on my last painkillers and they will not return my call like they said they would to get me more. So without painkillers i doubt ill even head to class, luckily i have a few friends in this class that i will try and get notes from. I am trying not to stress over things but i am going to have to find a babysitter for another 2 hours during the week since my research is beginning, i have to keep reminding myself that it is nice to have research experience, even though it does take a lot of time and effort. I seem to be rambling but i blame that on the Tylex that i am on, it seems to make my mind a little fuzzy.
Like i said not too many interesting things happening, the kids are still learning soo fast, it is crazy how fast a child develops, and how intelligent they truly are when given the chance to learn. As i have mentioned before, they will say at least 1 new word a day, yesterday it was "bite". We are also teaching them the concept of "cold" this week, they tend to understand hot, so decided its only fitting to teach the opposite. I ordered a few packs of flashcards so i can begin working on them more with their words and recognition. Also i ordered number and letter flash cards so i hope to begin teaching them to recognize their numbers and ABC's. They are just so capable of learning so much i sometimes get stuck on what to teach them next, their sign language is growing fast also that i can't keep up on words i really want to teach them. They still love books, i always like seeing the living room torn apart with the majority of toys being books, i guess it is a good sign, even if it is a mess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures, especially the one with Layla and mickey mouse! I am glad your gonna see the doctor tomorrow to make sure you are healing properly. Let me know what he says...

Anonymous said...

Hey, have I told you about starfall.com? (Go to the ABC's section.) It is a great site for kids. Adrianna loves it and is really getting into it. It still might be a little old for Layla and Aidan, but I bet they would like some of the fun things it has on there.