Monday, May 07, 2007

Seizure Wakeup

This morning around 7:30, my brother in law woke me up with his call (he is out of town for his Pharamcy rotation). He told me that i needed to go get Karen, he had called her and she was disoriented, confused, and bleeding, he said she had had another seizure like back in November. My drive there was very quick, even though Murphy's Law had placed a school bus in front of me. I was so scared of what i would find, Zach did not explain much since he had only talked to her on the phone. I was so worried she would try and go to work confused before i got there! She was laying on the couch talking to Zach on the phone, and i saw the pool of blood on the floor next to the couch. We think she apparantly fell of the couch during her seizure hitting her head on the floor, she has a mark on her nose, and we think rug burn on her forhead. I was so worried and trying to keep my calm to get her to the hospital, she was very disoriented, and confused. We got her there, she has to stay the night in the hospital since the Catscan showed blood on her brain, Karen doesn't have a history of seizures...They are putting her on seizure medicines now. My sister Amber and Mom came into town to be with Karen today also(zach came back too). They are all at the hospital though, but im too tired to be there tonight, long day. Ill just stay home tonight to worry and pray.

1 comment:

janis said...

Thank you for taking such good care of your sister. I am so thankful you were there for her. Thank you again!