Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Tougher Than The Rest ~Chris Ledoux

Wed-nes-day. To my horror, i glanced at Normans bowl, and could not locate him through the murkyness. NORMAN! i cried with hysteria. Then i saw his sweet O shaped lips peep through the water to greet me. Relieved, i later changed his water in order for this not to occur again. I arrived to school on time, only to be attacked by....Brutus. It all happened so quickly. i was on my way to class, there he was, waiting, watching, scoping out my everymove. It wasn't until he stolled into my path that i trembled with fear. I approached with caution. He staggered forward, never letting down his guard. Feet between us, i stepped to the right to avoid this confrontation. He moved to his left blocking my only route past. I pleaded "Brutus stop please let me by!" His response was a "hisss" that could stop the heart of neone. i faked left and jumped over him, his little claws reaching in the air to catch my flipflops. I land safely, stumble to my feet and turn to see Brutus behind me. i had made it. I yell over my shoulder, #$@% SQUIRREL! and continue on my way. I get to my eye closer class only to fall asleep during the movie on "ooh the poor lesbians and gays". i arrive home shortly after class, to prepare a gourmet meal for karen and i. Karen took over boiling the noodles, so i carried on a conversation with norman. then all of a sudden i hear karen shriek, AWWWW!! I run to her aid, spotting the water boiling over and helpless karen standing in the way of this threatening lava. I throw myself between her and the boiling noodles, turn down the heat, and step back for air from the horrific ordeal i just encountered. i saved a life today but i will remain humble, and only take every compliment i can get. I added the cheese to the noodles and we sat together in silence, taking in the terrible could have been tragedy that had just transpired. All day i have been listening to the incest station(country music) to get my hearing ready for tonights concert of chris ledoux, in one of his songs he actually mentions driving through wheatland, pretty neat i presume for a country artist. i am awaiting my country lover mr gall to arrive, seeing as he is my date this evening. update more tomorrow, sorry i had no interesting adventures to talk of today. adios.

3 comments:

Karen and Zach said...

Cindy is my HERO! Without her I would...well...I...yeah! Good thing she was there to stop the over-boiling inferno of "gourmet" macaroni noodles before it could scald my precious, beautiful ivory hands!!! But now I can honestly say that a watched pot really DOES boil, and how!

Boiler-of-water KAREN

janis said...

am very interested to know the conversation between you and norman. was he thanking you for changing his water perhaps? i didnt realize the squirrels were so so friendly?! you know i forgot to tell you to wear ear plugs tonight. oh well. i better go and watch cops and let dad have a turn on here :)

janis said...

love you!!